Community Repeater Service
TRN Communications can help you to establish your own communications systems or use our Community Repeater Systems to get the job done .
Here are your repeater options:
- Build your own system by first finding a location for the base and antenna that is high enough to give you the area coverage that you need. Then you will need to make an application for a license from the FCC, purchase the proper base, antenna and mobile equipment needed. The FCC licensing process is cumbersome. Hiring a company with experience in obtaining your license, FCC fees and frequency coordinator fees will not doubt add up quickly. To make an already difficult task harder, there is no assurance in this frequency crowded world that you will be granted a license and within an acceptable time frame. Equipment location issues may also be a road block. You may find that the site requires a lease fee and or needs AC power and security. If this is the course you want to pursue we can help you with the process but it will be costly and time-consuming.
- To save money and time you may want to make use of our already established analog or digital “Community Repeater” systems. No licensing is required and all that remains is to purchase and install is the mobile equipment that you need. A quick and simple approach to getting the radio communication system you want.
Conventional UHF/ VHF Repeaters have provided the backbone for two-way radio systems for decades. Virtually every modern-day Public Safety 911 system operates through two-way radio repeater systems.
Commercial two-way radio Community Repeater Service allow any organization to be more productive and efficient by providing a cost-effective means of communicating with personnel in the field. Two-way radio repeater system are ideal for many businesses, schools, manufacturing, or anyone that is searching for long range reliable communications that will fit their budget. Unlike cellular phone services, there are no costly per minute airtime charges with two-way Community Repeater Services.
Dispatcher to Fleet, Fleet to Dispatcher is Easy, Fast and Affordable with a Community Repeater Service and the correct radio equipment.
Cell phones are often considered the best way to communicate among your employees. The fact is, Two-Way radio Community Repeater Service is the better alternative. At just $8.00/month per radio, it easily beats out cell phones for cost. And their easy push-to-talk design and one-to-all and one-to-one communication options make it the ideal choice for businesses of all sizes!
See the table below for a real comparison of Cell Phones vs Radios.
Average Monthly Bill $71.00 Per Phone Starts at $8.00 Per Month Per Radio Dial-Ring-Talk = SLOW Push-Talk-Response = FAST! Talk One-to-One Only Talk One-to-One, Group, or All Illegal and unsafe to use while driving Safe and legal to use anywhere Minute and data limits Truly unlimited talk time Not reliable during emergencies Works 24/7/365 Fragile plastic easy to break Mil-Spec cases built military tough Must replace every 2-3 years Easily lasts 10+ years Your employees can run up your bill with overages Talk Between your Fleet as long as they want Never know the real cost every month Cost the same every month
*** WINNER! ***
If you pick Analog or Digital you can still use encryption and keep your conversations private.
Need GPS Fleet Tracking?
Times are tough and money is tight. You need to save money and have a budget. With Two-Way radios and a Community Repeater Service service plan you can rest assured your bill for the vital communications you need will be the same cost month to month.
We can also supply GPS Fleet Tracking direct from the radio.
No internet required.
With Radio AVL solutions, you are no longer limited to a single,one-size-fits-all proprietary mapping program. Now you’re free to select the third party software mapping solutions that best fit your needs!
GPS data signals are “piggybacked” on to voice transmissions with virtually no effect on voice quality. The number of data transmissions is minimized by sophisticated error correction. Icom’s data compression method is fast, up to 10x as fast. Plus, Icom’s technology is smart enough not to waste airtime if the vehicle is not moving.
A basic and affordable AVL solution
Very low-cost AVL solution
Order pre-installed from Icom Mobile and Portable radios.
Front panel programming without opening the radio
State-of-the-art GPS engine
20 Channels to improve accuracy and coverage
Extremely fast start times (<1 sec)
Works with multiple mapping vendors
Location sent at beginning or end of all voice transmissions
Location sent automatically at timed intervals (Beaconing)
RF collision avoidance
Works on repeater systems
• Access daily vehicle usage reports for each driver/operator to proactively spot issues in the field:
– Idle time
– Misuse of vehicles
– Inappropriate driving habits
– Poor fuel economy practices
– Potential pilferage
– Inefficient travel between stops
• Reassign vehicles based on customer needs
• Automatically obtain an activity log on each vehicle or piece of equipment
• Instantly communicate with drivers or equipment operators to correct observed problems before they worsen or cause damage Gain Protection and Easier Management of Assets
• Receive alerts for equipment or vehicles moved during non-operational hours
• View the location of missing equipment for fast recovery
Have More Effective Remote Supervision
• Receive daily/weekly/monthly reports
• Obtain records to support monthly job progress invoicing and insurance claims
Here is a Map below showing one of our UHF Community Repeater Systems ready for your use in minutes around the Pittsburgh Area (main tower located in West Mifflin, PA).
See Large View
Pittsburgh Area Estimated Community Repeater Coverage
TRN Communications LLC.
227 Chess St.
Monongahela, PA 15063